Sunday, December 27, 2009

You wouldn’t think photos of plants could be offensive, but the ones I posted last night seem pretty garish this morning.

Some people are playing a game with me, and it seems I’m the only one who doesn’t know the rules, or even who the players are, much less the referees. I got pinched pretty hard yesterday, and the pictures I posted don’t look very different from what I received.

Some people do have a role in life to be offensive, and it can be a powerful, even beautiful, role. But it’s not mine. I don’t want to play any more. I’m opting out before I get in the habit of being someone I don’t want to be, before I become uncaring. I do care, but I'm tired.

I'm thankful for all the beautiful moments, and even some of the harsh ones. People have bravely shared their joys and their hurts with me. I have experienced some amazing things, and I am the richer for it.

Now, if I can only find where the game board ends, and the everyday world begins...

3 comments:

Wildegenes said...

"Now, if I can only find where the game board ends, and the everyday world begins..."
I recognize this feeling and empathize. If it's any consolation I now look at the world with new eyes as in "there's and image Linda Foss would capture" ( See my single leaf on facebook ) This morning while stretching on a bench in the park I noticed the algae, and the shadow and mentally I was framing a photo.......

George Wyche said...

1) Maybe this means more attention to literary projects?

2) I agree with LeeAnna. Last week I got this one thanks to Linda: www.io.com/~cjwyche/candy/candy.html at the very bottom.

3) So. Leave you alone? Pester you with conversational email? What is your pleasure?

linda said...

I appreciate the comments. I've tried to clarify in my post tonight. It's been an enormously fascinating year, and challenging. I need to let go of the game aspect of martial arts for now, as fascinating as it is. I'm not ending 4ozs.

I'm touched to know my photography has enhanced how you see things. Just sent you a FB friend request Annelie. The red still life, George, is cool. Thanks for sharing your pics!