Saturday, July 10, 2010








I've discovered there exist magical and healing properties in chickens (including sausage in a skillet and banties in a tree), bottled beer, Russian nesting dolls (in fictitious locations), and dark orange tea.

And that's just in my own life the last couple days. Here's an example from South Africa:

(From “Africa’s Future”
Alex Perry
Time magazine
July 19, 2010)

'Perhaps the most remarkable sight of the tournament came on its second day, outside the stadium in tiny, rural Phokeng. In the hours before the England-U.S. game, 44,000 fans stepped off their coaches into a dusty African village, asking if there were anywhere they could have a beer. After a few moments hesitation, the owners of 10 houses and a local shop threw open their doors, set up giant braiis (barbecues) of chicken in their yards and started handing out quarts of cold beer. It was perhaps the most peaceful and gently inebriated meeting of two worlds in history.'


Meanwhile I lost my glasses while I was asleep last night. I don't know how I could do that, but I'm wearing an old pair today and can't see the computer screen so good, thus a lot of squinting and the late post. I need the chickens and bottled beer, nesting dolls and dark orange tea...

I need an ibuprophen for my Saturday karate sore body.

Life is good.

No comments: