Saturday, February 27, 2010








These pics are from a Jewish Congregation in Berkeley. I also stopped in at a couple of other churches last night along my path. In one, a man was playing piano from among half a dozen unmanned instruments. I was too shy to stay and listen much less take his photo. But the image is in my head, the young man in an empty church on a Friday night.

Then, today, feeling energized and opened by a Shintaido sword class, I wandered up a street - Marin - because it goes up for a long way, and I've wanted to walk to the hills that line Berkeley to the east. The hike was beautiful with an Oz-like glistening view of the bay, and of San Francisco on the other side. Water was flowing everywhere down hillsides after yesterday and last night's heavy rain. Plants and flowers were clean and fragrant. Houses shimmered. And what should be at the end of this trek? A forested chapel for the Lutheran Seminary.

No comments: