Tuesday, February 9, 2010









I was walking tonight, I think it was on California, when I noticed the church on the other side of the street. I crossed to better see the window glass, and heard a man's voice within, loud and emphatic. I couldn't understand the words, but it sounded like a preacher. Another fellow approached and went to the door. He turned and invited me in, and I thanked him for the invitation, but declined. He asked a second time, and I thanked him again, and told him I was heading onward, and he went inside. I'd noticed the cross shadow on the front of the church, and checked to see if this was an effect created with intention. It was caused by the street light shining, blocked by a cross bar on the utility pole. The other poles on the block were designed the same way. The shadow was a kind of serendipity against the face of a Christian church, the preacher's voice broadcasting from within.

3 comments:

Andy F-G said...

How curious...

Janis said...

I really love your colored-window images. You could do a whole series of those . . .

linda said...

I found another window pic for you-
posted it tonight.