Friday, June 18, 2010








It’s one of those days. Lost, and I’m not even on an island. A lot of what I’ve written in the past works well when you’re alone, but when friends or relatives are involved, or you have little children, you can’t just be one with the lostness for very long. Can you?

I can honor it for the moment. Might as well because at this moment I’m lost.
I’ve received hints that I need a GPS but a GPS doesn’t help if I don’t know the address of the destination.

And yes, I can't be lost when God is my friend, but God works in mysterious ways.

The other day I used an old fashioned map to find a publishing house. I did have the address from the phone book. I ended up in a most mysterious neighborhood, new pleasant buildings for offices and such, but surrounded by very tall wrought iron fencing for the full block. No numbers or labels or signs. Other blocks were similarly surrounded by fencing. I parked on the street. It was sunny and breezy in a very chilly way, and I walked around the whole block. A man with a baby in a stroller walked by, looking out of place. I called the publisher with my cell phone, but the woman who answered directed me to go to the website.

I tried to explain, I can find a lot of publishers online, but you’re right here. I’m on your block. I’d like to meet some real people, maybe get a brochure?

She gave me the website address.

Right now, I'm sitting at Jump n Java, the sun in my face. Pleasantly occupied at a pleasant spot. Being in this moment, I see I do know where I am. I'm not lost at all. I'm here, reaching out, reaching out.

No comments: