Tuesday, April 27, 2010


I'll drive less than I did last year.
I'll stop taking home purchases in plastic shopping bags.
I'll stop buying water or soda or milk bottled in plastic.
I'll purchase a vehicle that gets more miles per gallon, or use well-designed public transportation, or walk, or ride my bike for errands.
I'll share ideas with the state or county or companies that could reduce usage.

In this way, I'll decrease the demand for petroleum. I'll be an example for neighbors and family who may be reminded to bring their reusable bags to the store, or reminded of the benefits of drinking water from glass instead of plastic. I'll decrease the likelihood of another petroleum disaster like the one now happening in the Gulf of Mexico. Less oil will be needed next year. I'll make an impact. I'll take better care of the home we all share.

No comments: