Sunday, November 29, 2009








These are some of the first images I took with the Sony DSC T-90 I got in July, just as I moved to Oakland. The camera was either stolen or lost a couple weeks ago. That camera was a very lovely work of ingenuity and elegance. So slim and tiny to have so many marvelous capabilities. I was very attached; we had quite a passionate collaboration that camera and me!

Well, the replacement, the Sony DSC W-290, is finally here, no touchscreen, but less expensive, and a slightly more powerful lense. I haven't got much enthusiasm yet. I have to grieve the passing of the old before embracing the new, I guess, and that's what I'm doing tonight. The good news is, I should be posting some fresh images in the next few days.

3 comments:

George Wyche said...

Sorry about the camera. Same thing happened to me. I was borrowing Carol's working camera and set it on the table at Conan's Pizza. It was stolen off the table amid the chaos of pizza, beer, salads and Amiga equipment that was our regular monthly meeting. The "exact" replacement camera from Craig's list had an unmentioned dead pixel near the center of the picture discovered when cropping the actual 2500+ square images. All succeeding cameras (2) have something irritating about them, but.. ! there is no going back.

Your first few postings with the new camera are really very lovely initiation for it.

George

linda said...

Thanks, George. Sorry about Carol's and your cameras, too.

Actually, these pics are from four months ago, the initiation of the missing camera.

George Wyche said...

Ha ha!
I am so clueless!

Hmm. 4 months ago. I guess from one point of view, I am behind the times; but from another, you are behind the times.

Your words sure implied (to me) that those photos were from the new camera.

Gosh. I had a narrative all laid out in my mind about the lack of photos for a couple days was because... no camera! Then mention of a new camera and the presence of photos.

I assume a lot, ya' know?